Thursday, March 4, 2010

Kind of Awesome Response by Paul Pierce


If you watched last nights beatdown of the Bobcats, Stephen Jackson and Paul Pierce got into a little heated debate. Anyways here is what was said by Jackson:
"I respect them as a team, they're a great team and they play hard, but when they get to a point where they get to disrespecting people, and it's not about basketball, that's where I have a problem," Jackson told ESPNBoston.com.

"Certain things were said, quotes by certain people, and there's no need for me to drop names, they know what was said. Me personally, I can take getting beat, if it's about basketball. But when it gets to the point where you're being personal, and being disrespectful as a man to another man, that's when I have a problem. The person I'm talking about, he knows it because I said what I had to say to him. It turned disrespectful when certain things were said."

And my Paul Pierce fired back with class:
"I don't know how it started," said Pierce. 'No, I just thought that Ray Allen was playing good [defense] on him. I didn't think it was a foul on him and I was just saying, 'Good D, Ray.' You know how Stephen is, he is a fiery guy."

I think this will be the end of it, but Stephen Jackson was completely out of line in the game, and his emotions overcame him as he walked towards Paul when he should have been shooting free throws. Paul probably said something arrogant, and Stephen already frustrated with how the game was going let his emotions boil over. But, I mean it's not like Stephen ever ran into the stands and beat up fans or anything.... Oh wait. yea, yes he did.

No comments: